Since June 2020, we have been running three types of events with sometimes different guidelines and conditions. Adept Events’ regular seminars and workshops are delivered in three formats: in-person, virtual delivery or hybrid in ‘360 degrees setting. Only at the conference, the Data Warehousing & BI Summit, do we use format 4, live streaming.
1. Live at our venue
2. Virtual delivery only
3. Hybrid in our 360 degrees format
4. Live streaming
- Face-to-Face. The ‘old normal’ as was customary until 2020. This event format is hosted at our usual accommodation and course proceedings, coffee, tea and lunch are included in the registration fee. With the current COVID-19 restrictions, the number of attendees that can join us in the classroom on location is limited. Please register early to avoid disappointment.
- Online Meeting only. These are offered strictly online from our specially equipped course studio and can only be attended online from your own (home) workplace. We generally use Webex or Zoom meeting platform.
- The online meeting can be followed on any platform or device on the platform app or on the browser.
- The communication is fully interactive with two-way audio and two-way video.
- If possible, we limit ourselves to half-day sessions, sometimes three consecutive mornings.
- We send participants an invitation with hyperlink to log in to the online meeting well in advance, as well as a PDF with tips and guidelines. Also, we usually offer an opportunity to test access to our platform in advance related to security in your organization (firewalls / vpn).
- We will also send you the course material as a PDF in advance and if that is not possible you will receive the paper handout.
- Pricing for attending online has been adjusted (lowered) relative to attending face-to-face.
- For some (international) speakers we may use their own virtual course room facilities but we will send the invite ourselves and the meeting will run on the Adept Events online meeting platform.
- Face-to-Face and Online Meeting Platform. This format relates to so-called hybrid events, i.e. a combination of the above two formats. The event takes place on location with both attendees in the classroom and participants who attend the event online from an interactive online meeting platform. You will experience our unique 360 degrees format!
- Upon registration you can indicate whether you want to attend face-to-face in our classroom or online via the online meeting platform.
- The number of seats in the classroom is limited and you cannot switch from online to the classroom without consulting us due to COVID-19 restrictions with reserved seats.
- The communication for online attendees is fully interactive with two-way audio and two-way video.
- Not only the speaker, but also the attendees in the classroom are equipped with microphones so that online participants can follow all questions or comments that are made.
- Questions and comments from online attendees are also amplified in the classroom so that everyone can follow them.
- Video: not just one static camera on the speaker but three remote-controlled cameras on both the speaker and attendees in the classroom.
- The video feed will also be provided in both directions. We will project the online attendees onto an additional screen in the room and vice versa, we will present the attendees in the room via video to the attendees in the online meeting. For example, during the ‘ introduction round ‘ or with questions from delegates in the classroom.
- This provides a 360 degrees look and feel as all participants can see and hear each other!
- We require a minimum of four online attendees for adding an online meeting platform. Particularly for workshops since that is the mimimum group size needed to run exercises in a virtual breakout room.
- We will ‘automatically’ convert this hybrid format to virtual format from our own studio if courses cannot be held in classrooms due to corona restrictions. If there are sufficient registrations, we do not need to postpone the course, but switch to online.
- Conference: face-to-face on-premise with Live Video Streaming. This format also concerns hybrid events but for larger groups, for example at conferences. The event takes place on location at our venue with both participants in the conference room and participants who follow the event online from a live video stream. Unlike online meeting platforms, this video stream is not fully interactive for online participants. They use the Chat feature and a moderator to ask questions.
- The live stream can be followed on any platform or device on the browser.
- Upon registration you can indicate whether you want to attend face-to-face in our conference room or online via the live video stream.
- The number of seats in the conference room is limited and you cannot switch from online to the conference room without consulting us due COVID-19 restrictions with reserved seats.
- Communication for online participants to the speaker is via Chat and they cannot share their video or screen. Questions from those participants are always repeated in the live stream and for participants in the conference room by the speaker or moderator.
- Questions from participants in the conference room are repeated by the speaker or taken via a ‘boompole microphone’ so that online participants can follow all the questions that are asked.
- We offer an opportunity to test access to our live streaming platform in advance related to security in your organization (firewalls / vpn).
- We ‘automatically’ convert this hybrid format to fully virtual if conferences cannot be held in rooms due to corona restrictions. If there are enough participants, we do not have to reschedule but switch to online.
Those attending an online event or a hybrid event on our online meeting platform or via the live video stream will be sent an invitiation with the meeting hyperlink and instructions a few days before, so well in advance of the event.